With this year's Canadian National Exhibition starting this Friday from August 18th to September 4th, I'm here to give you all an early preview of what outrageous and down-right crazy culinary concoctions you'll find this year at the CNE. From deep fried everything, to indulgent desserts, dragon breath crepes, chicken feet on a stick, and crunchy insects, you'll find an array of things to try. If you're feeling brave enough you may even find yourself experiencing something you would never have thought you would be digesting (I'm looking at you crickets!) But what the heck, food has become an unofficial "main event" at the CNE so now would be the perfect time to inhale something crazy and unexpected. YOLO right?
So remember to come to the CNE with an open-mind and an empty stomach this year, because below is a breakdown of the best and most outrageous eats you just gotta try!
1) Last Samurai from Yatai
2) Sugar Mountain from Cake Shack
3) The Juicy Oink from Hot Bunzz Street Cuisine
4) Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwich from Chloe's Doughnut Ice Cream
5) Double Crab Mac Burger from Fidel Gastro
6) All Canadian Red Hot Burger + Pancake Bacon Tacos from Bacon Nation
7) Dragon's Breath Crepe from Eative
8) Peanut Butter Sriracha Bites from Fran's Restaurant
9) Pancake Bowls from Eat My Bowls
10) Cookie Monster & Campfire Smore's Cones from Chimney Stax
11) Strawberry Shortsteak from Philthy Philly's
12) The Colossal Coliseum from San Francesco's Italian Sandwiches
13) Deep Fried Chicken Feet from Coco Concessions
14) Cheese Stuffed Doritos from Farm to Fryer
15) Vegan Poutine from Dutch Frites
16) Rolled Grilled Cheese Dippers from Melt My Heart
17) Cricket Cone from Bug Bistro
18) Deep Fried Spaghetti Doughnut Balls from Fritta
19) Deep Fried Cheese Curds from the King of Curds
20) Deep Fried Frog Legs from Farm to Fryer
Some other food events happening at this year's CNE will be the first-ever East Coast Kitchen Party (Aug 19 & 20) offering Maritime fare, entertainment, East Cost brews and spirits, as well as Newfoundland Screech! Then, from Aug 25 to 27, the French's Food Truck Frenzy and Craft Beer Fest will take over Princes' Boulevard with more than 25 different food trucks ready to dish out Toronto's best street food. Don't forget to also check out the Barbecue Bounty at the CNE's 9th annual RibFest taking place daily at Bandshell Park.