Prep time: 10 min | Servings: 4
Wrap up this tasty vegetable mixture, chicken and zingy Canadian Feta cheese in a pita with luscious yogurt dip on the side, and your lunch will be the envy of your co-workers.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 large black olive, minced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 large (about 9 inches/23 cm) whole wheat pita breads
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) very thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 2 1/2 oz (70 g) diced Canadian Feta cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, lemon zest and olive. Portion into individual containers or one container, cover and refrigerate until serving, for up to 1 day.
- Place one lettuce leaf on each pita; arrange chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion (if using), Canadian Feta cheese and oregano in a line down the centre of each, dividing evenly. Fold top and bottom of pita over filling, then roll up pita tightly around filling to enclose.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate until serving, for up to 4 hours.
- To serve, unwrap pita, cut in half crosswise, if desired, and serve with lemon-olive yogurt for dipping or spreading.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories: 312
- Protein: 22 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fibre: 6 g
- Sodium: 601 mg