The official day of summer has come and gone which means it's time to fire up the grill for barbecue season! Summer is meant for backyard get-togethers, cold drinks, and great food with family and friends, so we have partnered this year with Summer Fresh to bring you some simple recipes that you can simply grill, assemble, and enjoy! It's summer entertaining made easy that will allow you to spend less time cooking and more time spending it with your guests.
If you have stepped inside a grocery store lately you may have seen the many products from Summer Fresh on the shelves in their iconic green lids specializing in gourmet salads, hummus, and dips. Their Canadian story started over 25 years ago in a family kitchen where recipes were developed using real ingredients that can be found in anyone's kitchen. These products are always used with clean ingredients, with no added preservatives, and made with a belief of super fresh quality and uncompromising flavours.
I've created two simple recipes here showcasing some of my favourite products from Summer Fresh, perfect for that summer barbecue this weekend to celebrate Canada Day and our nation's 150th birthday! With less than 10 minutes to prep, these recipes are delicious and a breeze to make.
Greek Burger topped with a Tzatziki Feta & Cucumber Sauce
1) Cut up your favourite hamburger toppings such as lettuce, onions, and tomatoes
2) Mix together Summer Fresh Tzatziki, Greek yogurt, feta cheese, dill, and chopped cucumbers
3) Grill your hamburger patties on your barbecue. Optional: If you're making your own patties from scratch, you can also mix in some crumbled feta with the meat
4) Half way when grilling your hamburger patty, place a layer of Provolone cheese and let it melt
5) Assemble your hamburger and top it off with the Tzatziki Feta & Cucumber sauce
6) Pair it off with a Summer Fresh Greek Pasta Feta Salad
Roasted Red Pepper BBQ Pizza on Naan
1) Spread Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on naan
2) Cover with Provolone cheese and sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella
3) Cut up cherry tomatoes in halves and place on top
4) Grill for 5-7 minutes
5) Top it off with prosciutto, arugula and/or spinach
6) Pair it off with a Summer Fresh Pad Thai Salad
If you need even more ideas for your Summer barbecue, check out Summer Fresh's current Perfect Pairings guide to give you some more recipes and inspiration by clicking HERE.
Would love to hear If you end up trying either of these two recipes at your next barbecue! As always feel free to leave your thoughts and comments below, and even how you personalized these recipes to fit your own barbecue style. Keep checking back here next month as I will be creating some more recipes for you all with some new Summer Fresh products for the next long weekend in August.